“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
― George Orwell, Animal Farm
If you have read the book ‘Animal Farm’ you’ll understand the fact, there will always be someone to make your life difficult. Hence stay happy in every situation, because you never know when time changes.
Happiness resides in our mind, everything we do voluntarily is happiness and anything we do forcibly is suffering. Hence if we look at it, the secret formula is very simple – do everything willingly, without any expectation.
Good or bad, pleasure or pain, accept everything unanimously. Flow like a river, which doesn’t change its attitude through plains or rocks, twists and turns, ups & downs.
If a positive situation makes you overly excited with pleasure, you become addicted to it, you want more of it. And this initiates the cause for suffering. Expectations, desires and greed bound you to the material world and their absence causes pain.
Nothing lasts forever – when you start believing this, your perception towards the world will change positively. Think about the time, when things were not good in your life and you thought this is the end of the world. How is it now? That experience must still be painful, but you are a stronger person at a better place now. Situations are inconsequential, how you react, makes or breaks your world.
Life will always go on, you can never predict your future with certainty. Watch the events in your life like a movie, don’t be biased, emotional or take it too personally, it is just one of the movies you are a part of, in your countless births.
5 life hacks to stay happy and healthy:
- Sing – anybody can sing, don’t worry about few shattered glasses, you are worth it. A research shows that cortisol (stress hormone) levels reduce during or after someone sings. It is a good exercise for your throat, good vent for your emotions and it’ll definitely put a smile on someone’s face while making you happy.
- Dance – Show your moves on the dance floor, when you move your body to the tunes of music, you are doing something very positive for your body. Dance requires a complex mental coordination which improves intelligence, cognitive memory and decreases the risk of dementia. Music stimulates the brain’s reward centres, while dance activates its sensory and motor circuits. The bottom line is, put on your dancing shoes and see your troubles fade away.
- Eat a treat – Research has found that eating a chocolate releases endorphins, the feel-good chemical in brain. After eating a bar of chocolate you may experience a more positive outlook and even a sense of euphoria. But don’t get addicted to it, as the negative impacts of sugar outweigh the positives.
- Walk in nature – Research in a growing scientific field called eco-therapy has shown a strong connection between time spent in nature and reduced stress, anxiety, and depression.
In a 2015 study, researchers compared the brain activity of healthy people after they walked for 90 minutes in either a natural setting or an urban one. They found that those who did a nature walk had lower activity in the prefrontal cortex, a brain region that is active during negative emotions.
- Burn some calories – University of British Columbia, researchers found that regular aerobic exercise, the kind that gets your heart and your sweat glands pumping, appears to boost the size of the hippocampus, the brain area involved in verbal memory and learning. More cell growth in the hippocampus region of your brain also acts like an antidepressant also called as “runner’s high”.
Regular exercising drops stress hormones, makes you more confident, positive and happy in general. It has manifold benefits from looking great to talking smarter.
Life will always surprise you with pleasure and pain, take everything in your stride and move forward with a smile. One who learns to master their mind and body, will stay happy and achieve success. Happiness is within you, no object and person can give it to you. Staying happy is a choice that can be created by you.